Digitalization Of Pharmacy: A Boon Or A Bane? Pros and Cons Of Telemedicine?
The reach of technology is boundless which has influenced every second business in the world. Be it education, food, fashion or travel even today’s healthcare sector is digitalized. With the ever-changing medical world, the need for digitization was highly required and thanks to telemedicine for making pharmacy simple. In addition, to cut down the efforts to get precise medicine for both general and deadliest diseases around the world, telemedicine has boosted the revenue of most pharmaceutical companies across the world and made healthcare services easy to reach.
But how far the digitalization of medical services would be beneficial?
Besides having countless advantages still it has some glitches to be worked on and it seems slightly difficult to come up with the best outputs of this advancement. Here are some pros and cons of Telemedicine to put light on some essential sides of the global healthcare industry.
Overview: What is Telemedicine?
“Probably the most compelling features of today’s technology, which is widening access and enhancing the convenience of different components of the healthcare sector” Telemedicine is the definition of an easy exchange of all types of medical transcriptions and information electronically.
However, this rapidly growing field in the healthcare sector is responsible for transforming the quality of healthcare services and make medical practices easy like never before. But, it isn’t here because besides having numerous benefits, this boon has some bane as well and here are the pros and cons of telemedicine.
Here are the Advantages and Disadvantages of telemedicine
Though it has made fixing an appointment with doctors simple, but even doctors need to polish their skills periodically, therefore, there might be some hurdles on the head. This is just an example of glitches available in the technology. Let’s have in-depth knowledge about the benefits and the drawbacks.
Pros of Telemedicine
- Comfortable Accessibility– Everything is important in one’s life, whether it’s a physician’s lunch-hour or your urgent meeting with your boss. Telemedicine comes up with the ease of such situations and connects you with your doctor through video call or webchat. There are several medical software mainly work over this process of fixing online appointments and scheduling webinars and web calls.
- Extinction of The Waiting Room– There would be no waiting rooms in hospitals or physician’s offices anymore because a person is more likely to get sick by excessive waiting than any disease. Appointment, care, transcription, and pharmacy, everything is available online.
- Quality Service and Low Charges– Now, when Practicers can handle both their in-house and online patients at once, the health of their revenue cycle doesn’t affect. In addition to extending their medical practice, they are charging less than ever before. Also, the quality of healthcare services has enhanced with its innovative approach.
- Assurance of Privacy– Telemedicine regulated with HIPPA Compliance that ensures and blocks the exchange of any kind of personal information of any patient. It’s obvious that you are not going to inbox your serious and personal problems to your physician but telemedicine assures for your privacy.
Cons of Telemedicine
- Transparency– It can relate to both the cost of service or the procedure. Though trump administration has mandated each medical provider to upload the cost of their services in an easy-to-understand manner. Also, if you are a render then you are more likely to bargain with the payer later after rendering the services to your patients. Hence the biggest disadvantage of this digitization of medical services is unstable cost.
- Cyber Atack– Though it didn’t happen yet and we have just assumed, but just in such a case, it would cost a lot to both patients and doctors. With every latest technology hackers are developing new ways to interrupt the system allegedly. Also, some other glitches might occur, such as low connection and providers need to be ready for home visits in this scenario. Hence telemedicine might not be a safe option because of electronic and cyber glitches.
- Quality of Patient care– Although digitalized medical services are supposed to improve the quality of healthcare, but things seem to be on the wrong track here. Nobody knows who is sitting behind the screen and writing medical transcriptions. Though telemedicine keeps electronic records of everything.
- Beginner’s training– If you just started a medical practice, then it’s a practical way to increase your revenue cycle as you will be able to render services the more patient daily whereas someone who just started pharmaceutical services cannot manage it all. Also, it might be slightly expensive for small practician and pharmacists.
These are some most essential advantages and disadvantages of telemedicine and one should run eyes over the pros and cons of telemedicine before opting for such software. Though opting for technology is cost-efficient and consumes less time, but management is what you need to consider important here. We hope we have covered all the pros and cons and in case anything is not here, you can drop in the comment section.