Dumbbell Curl- Meaning, Types, Benefits, and More…
In the recent era, fitness has become a part of lifestyle trends. Besides having a healthier perceptive, it also promotes well-defined and attractive physics. Nowadays, a large number of, not only youngsters but even every age group, people are dedicatedly pursuing exercise training. Well, exercise is no longer limited to weight loss or weight gain, but it has a tremendous effect on achieving lean muscles, a great body & an appealing figure.
You would have seen several people hover around the dumbbell rack in the gym to pick up the weight well-suited according to their strength and performing sets of dumbbell curls. Have you ever wondered, what makes them lift heavyweights – only hope to make their arm like their favorite athlete or a movie star. Apart from this, an extra layer of fat hanging on your arms is also tended to in the process as the various exercises for the upper arms, particularly the biceps & triceps, and multiple sets are worked upon.
Today we’ll be talking about dumbbell curls, their types, and benefits so that you would be able to perform the exercise at ease.
What Is The Dumbbell Curl?
While keeping it very simple and short, the Dumbbell curl is a single joint exercise that includes lifting heavy weights, performing for gaining muscles, and building bigger and stronger biceps. It is generally performed for moderate to high reps such as 8-12 or higher.
Types Of Dumbbell Curl
To achieve fitness goals, heavy muscles and build bigger & stronger biceps, dumbbell curl is a simple yet effective movement upper arms that can be performed in various techniques:
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl – One arm at one time
- Reverse Dumbbell Curl – With palms pointed down
- Standing Dumbbell Curl – Do while standing
- Seated Dumbbell Curls- Do while sitting
Benefits Of Dumbbell Curl
The dumbbell curl is one of the favorite practices among the gym-goers of all age groups. Some non-gym-goers may be confused about besides being appealing what are other benefits of the Dumbbell curl. Have a look-
- Muscle Building – The Dumbbell curl instantly affects the smaller muscles and cuts down the fat in the upper arms.
- Full-arm Movement – Practice of a dumbbell involves full arm movement, from elbow to lower half arms, and affecting the forearm muscles as well.
- Overall Strength – The Dumbbell curl is more severe and advanced, add strength to the arm. Strengthening the full arms during the workout, especially while performing preacher curl, shoulder press, and bench press.
- Enhance Reps – The easy movement of the exercise increases the number of reps.
- Impacts The Core – While performing the standing, reserve, or alternate variations of the dumbbell curl, they engage the core muscles as well and strengthen the abdominals in the process.
How To Do Dumbbell Curls?
This exercise has variations of biceps curls movement and can be performed in various forms. However, performing it correctly is important. So, be sure to do the correct form and in the right posture to gain muscles instantly. It is recommended to perform this in front of the gym trainer or professional. Also, warming up is important before beginning any workout.
Muscles Work- Biceps
Experience Level- Beginner
Equipment Required – Pair of Dumbbells
Sets & Reps
- First Set- 15 reps
- Second Set -12 reps
- Third Set – 10 reps
Once you become used to the movements, you can increase the reps.
How to do-
- Stand straight with your feet about shoulders width apart with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend the elbow slightly and lift the dumbbell up towards your shoulder.
- Once you reach the shoulder level, curl your wrist inwards for a final ‘squeeze’.
- Now, come back to the starting position gradually.
- Repeat the process until you complete your reps.
- Keep your arms, shoulders, and elbows stable during the movement.
- To get the maximum outcome, keep the movement slow and stable.
- Hold the dumbbell tightly and lift carefully to avoid cramps & unwanted twists in your hand or wrist.
- Choose the dumbbell weight according to your capability.
- Lift the weight in the right position.
From now onwards, whenever you listen to the term dumbbell curls, you are no longer a stranger and must be carrying much knowledge about it not even to share with others, in fact, if you wish to gain muscles and build biceps.
- Best Workout Supplements For Men For Building Muscular Body
- Tips for Maintaining Dental Hygiene of Your Children in Vancouver
- The Significant Role of a Radiographer in a Healthcare
- A Medicine That Claims To Treat Third-Stage Breast Cancer
- Skin Peeling Around Private Area Female: Causes and Treatment