Eczema- Causes, Symptoms & Treatments You Should Know About It
Sometimes your skin becomes red, itchy, and red. It can be caused by several infections or diseases. If you have this skin problem it might be eczema. Every one in four people, mostly adults suffer from this skin problem. In this post, we’ll show eczema— cause, symptoms and treatments that you should know about it. It is a common skin condition that isn’t infectious. But you’ve to don’t worry there are several treatments that come in handy to manage their symptoms.
Before moving to eczema cause, symptoms and treatment you need to understand what is eczema.
What Is Eczema?
Eczema is also called atopic dermatitis, it can cause itchy, red and dry skin. It starts during infancy or early childhood and continues into adulthood. However, it can occur in people at any age. It affects about 10% t0 20% of infants and about 30% of adult and children in the U.S. Some people continue to have symptoms and off for life.
There are a few types of eczema we’ve mentioned below.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Contact dermatitis.
- Dyshidrotic eczema.
- Nummular eczema.
- Seborrheic dermatitis.
- Stasis dermatitis.
What Is The Cause Of Eczema?
Eczema occurs when your skin’s natural barrier against the barrier is weakened. It means that your skin is less able to protect you from irritants and allergies. Eczema is caused by the combination of such factors, as:
- Dry skin
- Immune system problem
- Tiggers in the environment
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Eczema?
Eczema symptoms and signs vary widely from person to person and include:
- Dry skin
- Itchy Skin
- Red rashes
- Bumps on the skin
- Scaly patches on the skin
- Small raised bump that leaks fluid and crust over when they scratched.
Mentioned above are some eczema symptoms. If you’ve got these symptoms go and consult with the doctor.
How Is Eczema Treated? What Medicine Are Used?
Treatment of eczema can be difficult if the cause of eczema is something you can’t control, like genetics. However, you can influence your environment and stress levels. You can do your best to figure out what caused eczema and then find the eczema treatment. You aim to reduce itching and discomfort and prevent infection.
We’ve listed some eczema symptoms below.
- You can use a humidifier if dry air makes your skin dry.
- Consult with a doctor for medication and a therapist for counselling if you’re experiencing eczema symptoms.
- You can moisturise your skin using a cream or serum. Don’t use lotion, they can’t work well. Apply moisturiser several times a day, including after you bath and shower. Instead of hot water use water in the tub or shower.
- You can use mild soap and other products that are free from perfumes, dues and alcohol. Using this method is the best method of eczema treatments.
- Always use skin products that contain ceramide. These moisturisers replace some of the barriers missing from your skin.
- Always apply cortisone cream and ointments. Cortisone is the counter steroid found in hydrocortisone and hydrocortisone acetate.
- Use counter antihistamines to serve to itch if you’ve got these eczema symptoms.
- You can consult with your doctor for medication. Your doctor prescribed steroid creams, pills or shots.
If your child has these eczema symptoms,
- You can avoid hot baths, which can dry the skin.
- Always use lukewarm water instead of hot water and give the child a sponge bath.
- After bathing, while the skin is still moist apply lotion immediately.
- Keep room temperature normal as possible.
- Always use mild laundry soap and make sure that clothes are well rinsed.
- Avoid rubbing or scratching the rash.
- Always use the moisturiser several times a day. If your child has eczema, moisturising regularly is extremely helpful.
- Look for skin infections. If you notice any infection, contact the doctor immediately.
These are the eczema treatments. Follow these treatments if you’ve mild symptoms and you’ve worse eczema symptoms, immediately consult with your doctor.
How Common Is Eczema?
Eczema is a skin-related issue that affects up to 15 million people. However, nearly half of the people get rid of the condition or have significant improvement as they get older. It affects males and females equally and is more common in people who have personal or genetic asthma, environmental allergies and food allergies. These can cause eczema.
Also Read More: Best whitehead removal cream that really works on your skin.
Hopefully, you’ll get all the relevant information that you are searching for. Mentioned above are the eczema-cause, symptoms and treatment. Eczema can be caused by various reasons like stress, environmental or genetic. If you’ve got the symptoms of eczema, always use the treatment which we’ve mentioned above. If you’ve worse symptoms, then immediately consult with the doctor.
- A Medicine That Claims To Treat Third-Stage Breast Cancer
- Skin Peeling Around Private Area Female: Causes and Treatment
- Forehead Pimples Reason And How To Prevent It
- A Guide For Buying Sunscreen For All Skin Types
- Avesthagen To Launch Genetic Testing Portfolio Commercial For Cancer and Other Diseases