Must-Try International Chicken Recipes
Chicken is one of the most loved types of meat that is consumed globally. One reason is because of the low cost of rearing chicken, also it is a good source of proteins that is also relatively low in calories. Since chicken is consumed across the globe, it is safe to say that there are so many ways of cooking chicken. Using the same recipes often gets boring and because of that, we present you with international recipes chicken recipes that you ought to try. Right from the yakitori chicken to other recipes that will introduce your taste buds to new flavours.
BBQ Bajan Chicken (Barbados)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hr plus marinating time
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 3 large onions
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 bunches of chives
- 3 tablespoons of marjoram leaves
- 2 scotch bonnet chilies
- 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Prep the seasoning by chopping the thyme, marjoram, chilies, onions, garlic, and chives into a mixing bowl. Pour the Worcestershire sauce, lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a separate container and chill, the flavour should be ready in days.
- Make several cuts through the pieces of chicken and put them in a dish. Pour atop 3 tablespoons of the seasoning, toss to ensure they are well coated then marinate for an hour.
- Now set the barbeque ready for cooking and wait for the coals to ashen.
- Shake any excess seasoning before barbequing the chicken until they are brown and cooked through.
Greek Chicken with Green Beans
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Kg of trimmed fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Lemon wedges
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt for seasoning
- Put the first seven ingredients into a slow cooker before topping with chicken.
- Season with some pepper and salt then drizzle with some oil atop.
- Cook under low heat until the temperature inside the chicken gets to 75-80 degrees Celsius.
- This should take roughly 4-6 hours.
- Now, preheat the broiler. Grease the broiler rack and place it 3 inches from the heat. Place the chicken on the rack and cook for 4 minutes until it turns golden from the outside.
- Serve with green beans and lemon wedges on the side.
The Spanish Chicken Traybake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Green salad for servings
- 400g new potatoes
- A small bunch of chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 50g of quartered pitted olive greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices of red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 6 whole chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of sweet smoked paprika
- Bring water to a boil and toss in the potatoes. Allow cooking for 10 minutes until the potatoes get tender, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the oven to a temperature of 200C.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, oil, paprika, and some seasoning.
- Put the chicken thighs, pepper, and boiled potatoes in a roasting tin then pour the prepared mixture over.
- Roast for 40 minutes tossing frequently until the potatoes are crisps on the outside and the chicken is nice and cooked.
- Finally, stir the parsley and olive in the traybake then serve with the green salad on the side.
The Romanian Chicken Pilaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 30 minutes
- A bunch of coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- While chicken, jointed
- 1 teaspoon of ground peppercorns
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons of fine seas salt
- 200g of pearl barley
- 600ml of chicken stock
- ¼ cerelac peeled and diced
- 200g of quartered chestnut mushrooms
- 3 diced celery sticks
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced carrot
- Begin by bringing the oven to a temperature of 180C.
- Heat the oil in a casserole and brown the chicken pieces evenly till nice and caramelized then transfer to a separate dish.
- Using the same oil, fry the onions till they begin to char over medium heat.
- Now throw in the pearl barley make sure the oil coats the grains well and continue cooking further.
- Tip the mushrooms, tomatoes, vegetables, chicken stock, pepper, and salt into the pan and stir.
- Give it 2 minutes before introducing the caramelized chicken pieces into the casserole. Cover the casserole with kitchen foil before putting the lid on.
- Allow everything to cook in the oven for 40 minutes before opening the lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes. You will know it is ready once the pearl barley is tender and most of the fluid is absorbed.
- Coarsely chop the butter and sprinkle on top with some parsley as well.
Thai green chicken curry
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Lime wedges for serving
- 200ml coconut milk
- Rice for serving
- 1 teaspoon of Thai fish sauce
- Coriander leaves for serving
- ½ a teaspoon of palm sugar
- A handful of pea aubergines
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- A handful of trimmed green beans
- 200 ml of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 4 finely chopped lime leaves
- 2 peeled and finely chopped shallots
- A large bunch of finely chopped coriander
- 3 seeded and finely chopped Thai chili
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 4 stems of finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Using a food processor, combine all the curry paste ingredients and blitz into a thick paste.
- Using a large enough saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer before adding in the curry paste.
- Stir carefully and let it cook for an additional five minutes until the paste is cooked.
- Now add the sugar, fish sauce, and chicken stock. Let it simmer some more.
- Toss in the chicken and then the vegetables a few minutes later
- Let everything cook up until both the vegetables and chicken are nice and ready. Scatter the coriander on top.
- Serve with rice and the lime chunks and fresh basil on the side.