How to Do Professional Keratin Treatment at Home Naturally?
Also known as the ‘Brazillian Keratin Treatment’ or ‘Brazillian Blowout’, Keratin Treatment is a cosmetic treatment taken to straighten hair. Experts also claim that this treatment will improve the quality of your hair, upgrade the color, make them smooth and look healthier.
Keratin treatment is gaining popularity among women with curly and frizzy hair. They take keratin treatment to make their hair smooth and manageable. You can visit your nearby professional salon and schedule your appointment to pamper your hair. But if you’re scared of Keratin treatment side-effects, doing Keratin treatment at home is one of the best and convenient ways.
If you wonder how to do keratin treatment at home naturally, this step-to-step guide will help you to get straight hair at home while keeping side effects aside. So get ready with your keratin treatment kit, schedule your time and start polishing your hair. Before you start getting Keratin treatment at home, do you want to know what actually Keratin treatment is? Of course Yes! Go ahead!
What is Keratin Treatment?
Starting with the main term Keratin, Keratin is a natural type of protein present in our skin, nails, and hair. And Keratin treatment is a protein treatment for hair that helps to repair your damaged hair by boosting the protein that you have lost due to access to chemical treatments, heating, styling, and prolonged exposure to sunlight and dust.
Keratin treatment can do wonders for your hair. It can transform, fizzy, curly, damaged hair into shiny and smooth and make them beautiful and easier to manage.
Keratin Treatment at Home: Step-to-step Guide to Straighten Your Hair
Does your messy hair embarrass you at your office party? Is straight, shiny, and silky hair your dream? Stress not! If you don’t want to go to the salon, everything is possible just being at your home. With some easily available ingredients, you can incorporate Keratin Treatment at home at ease. When you learn how to do keratin treatment at home naturally, you can make most of its benefits. Start collecting ingredients to put in a Keratin treatment kit and begin with this step-to-step guide.
Step 1 : Shampoo Your Hair
Before starting keratin treatment at home, make sure your hair is absolutely clean. Wash your hair with keratin shampoo for complementary ingredient benefits, you can also use another shampoo if you don’t have keratin shampoo but don’t conditioner your hair. If you have extremely curly hair, give your hair two washings.
Step 2 : Dry Your Hair
It’s time to dry your hair but gently with your towel. Do not properly get them property dry and leave them a little moist so that they can easily absorb the product.
Step 3 : Apply Keratin Mask
Wear your gloves to apply the Keratin Mask to your hair. Split your hair into two parts and then divide your hair into four sections. Now apply the keratin mask evenly in your hair using a hairbrush starting from the tips to upward. To avoid applying a mask on the scalp and stop applying before you reach the scalp. Gently massage your hair with the product.
Step 4 : Let The Mask Set
Once you apply the mask, comb your hair properly and cover your hair with a shower cap. Now, leave your hair in the same condition and let it sit for at least 20-30 minutes.
Step 5 : Rinse Your Hair
With the help of cold water, wash your hair properly as long as the product gets removed from the hair properly. Performing Keratin treatment at home is very convenient and cost-effective. Rather than going to a professional salon, wasting your time and money both, learn how to do keratin treatment at home naturally.
Step 6 : Blow dry and Straighten Your Hair With a Professional Straightener
Blow-dry your hair while brushing. Once completely dry, start with straightening your hair with separating them into small sections. Lock the keratin protein by ironing your hair with a high-end straightener.
That’s it. You’re done with your keratin treatment at home. One thing that you should know to maintain the keratin treatment is not to wash your hair right after the keratin treatment. Also do not tie your hair and cause a clip for at least 2-3 days to avoid the crease on your hair.
When you have learned how to do keratin treatment at home naturally, you also need to know some things that you should consider before getting the treatment to avoid keratin treatment side effects and make most of it.
Things You Should Consider Before Getting Keratin Treatment
Hair is the important part of the body that enhances looks. You need to be very careful while applying any product and getting any treatment. Here are the things that everyone should consider before getting the treatment to avoid keratin treatment side effects.
- Consult your specialist before getting this treatment because keratin treatment is not created equal. Everyone has different hair and requires different treatment, it may be possible it’ll suit your hair or not, thus it is important to speak to your stylist.
- Besides consulting your hair specialist, get your homework done and find everything about the treatment before getting it.
- The treatment is specially designed for frizzy and curly hair. Do not get it if you have moderately straight or smooth hair.
- Do not get it too often.
Side effects of Keratin Treatment
Side-effects of keratin treatment are not widely known. But here are some keratin treatment side effects that can occur. Have a look-
- You will be required to use a special shampoo, conditioner, and straightener that can be unsuitable for your hair.
- Your hair will be straight and glossy but you may lose bouncy mane.
- You can’t wash your hair frequently and tie your hair with clips that might be irritating.
- You may need to take extra care, especially when you wish to go for a swim.
- Hair smoothing products usually contain formaldehyde, which may be harmful sometimes.
What Precaution You Should Take
Whether you are getting Keratin treatment at home or by a professional, here are some precautions that you should take while undergoing keratin treatment.
- You are not supposed to wash your hair for at least 48 hours after the treatment. You can use dry shampoo for your hair.
- Do not use any sort of styling product after getting the treatment for a few days.
- Always use hair care products that are specially made for keratin. Moreover, consult your specialist about the product.
- Use sulphate-free shampoo for washing your hair.
- Whenever you choose products to add to the Keratin treatment kit, consider the quality.
Get your keratin treatment done at home by following the above simple guide. Now you can flaunt your hair without going to the parlor. If you’ve never thought of smooth, glossy, and straight hair, a keratin treatment is for you. Get a salon-like style at your home.
You can follow another article about what can cause hair loss: here are the cause types, prevention, and treatment to maintain healthy hair.
- Best Workout Supplements For Men For Building Muscular Body
- Tips for Maintaining Dental Hygiene of Your Children in Vancouver
- The Significant Role of a Radiographer in a Healthcare
- A Medicine That Claims To Treat Third-Stage Breast Cancer
- Skin Peeling Around Private Area Female: Causes and Treatment