Stability Ball Exercises For Beginners For A Stronger Core
The world is going crazy about fitness. There are a lot of tricks and techniques to be fit and strong. Some people may find it hard to go to the gym for their fitness; for some, it is challenging to follow a fitness routine without a gym. There comes a solution: a stability ball. Using a stability ball to perform several exercises is an effective way of gaining muscles and losing fat percentage in the body. This blog will mention the easy and effective stability ball exercises for beginners that will help you lose weight and burn fat in whatever comfortable place you choose, be it the gym or your own space at home.
List Of Easy Stability Ball Exercises For Core Strengthening
Exercises you want to do purely depend on the goal you want to achieve out of your body. The following are some of the best stability ball exercises for beginners who want to start their fitness journey:
Stability Ball Wall Squats
Squats are considered an easy exercise to strengthen your core. Stability wall squats are one the easiest stability ball exercises for beginners. Using a stability ball, you can perform squats. Doing squats makes your core muscles strong and helps in burning fat as well. Also, it is comparatively easy to do squats with a stability ball. Below are the steps through which you can perform stability ball wall squats:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and place a stability ball between your middle back and the wall.
- Position your feet slightly in front of your body.
- Bend your knees, rolling down the ball until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Ensure your knees are in line with your middle toes.
- Pause briefly in this position.
- Push through your heels to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the squat motion.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand while performing the squats to increase difficulty.
Stability Ball Rollout
Just like squats, stability ball exercises for beginners include stability rollout that also works on the abdominal muscles, making them strong. Your movement with a stability ball contributes to building muscles to demonstrate your fitness and helps you lose weight naturally. Follow the below steps to perform a stability ball rollout:
- Begin by placing your hands on a stability ball.
- Kneel with your knees hip-width apart and toes touching the floor for stability.
- Keep your back flat and engage your core muscles.
- Without moving your knees, start rolling the ball forward.
- Continue until the ball reaches your forearms, creating a straight line from head to knees.
- Pause briefly in this extended position.
- Slowly roll the ball back to the starting position.
Stability Ball V-Pass
Doing stability ball V-Pass requires movement that starts from your hands in an upward position and ends at your heel. This exercise is beneficial for people who are looking to burn stomach fat and want a toned belly. Follow the steps for this to perform Stability Ball Exercises For Beginners:
- Lie flat on the floor with legs extended, holding a stability ball overhead.
- Engage your core to maintain a flat lower back.
- Lift arms and legs, placing the ball between your calves, forming a “V” shape.
- Return to the starting position with the ball between your legs.
- Continue passing the ball between your hands and legs.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
Stability Ball Hamstring Curl
By strengthening your glutes and curls, you can achieve a stronger core. Stability ball hamstring curls are one of the most complex but effective stability ball exercises for beginners. The steps are as follows:
- Begin lying with your back on the floor, calves on the stability ball, and legs straight.
- Lift hips, creating a straight line from shoulders to heels.
- Drag heels to roll the ball toward the butt and knees at 90-degree angles.
- Pause, then slowly straighten your legs, rolling your feet away to start.
Stability Ball Jackknife
One of the best stability ball exercises for beginners to frame body shape and a better posture is doing a jackknife using a stability ball. The movements involved in this exercise enable hip flexors to strengthen and crunch your abs. This exercise could be done following the simple steps below:
- Begin in a high-plank position, hands under shoulders, shins on a stability ball.
- Maintain a straight body line from head to toe, engaging your core.
- Contract your core, bend your knees, and roll the ball toward your hands.
- Keep your hips down as you bring the ball in, only your toes on the ball.
- Take a brief pause.
- Gradually extend your legs back to the starting plank position.
What are the benefits of doing exercise on a stability ball?
Doing exercise solely is an excellent benefit in itself, but using stability ball exercises for beginners makes it much easier as a stability ball acts as a support while doing any exercise for core strengthening or any other body part toning. A stability ball provides ease in doing exercise by acting as a support.
What are the other names of stability balls?
A stability ball is known by many names like – balance ball, birth ball, gymnastics ball, physio ball, body ball, fitness ball, gym ball, pilates ball, Pezzi ball, Swedish ball, Swiss ball, therapy ball, or yoga ball.
Are stability balls safe?
Stability balls are safe to use when used with the proper purpose of doing exercises. If a stability ball or an exercise ball is used to throw, hit or kick someone, it will cause harm no matter how soft material is used to make it.
What are the different sizes of stability balls?
A stability ball comes in many sizes, from 45-75 cm. It depends on the exercises you want to do with a stability ball and your body size. Stability ball exercises for beginners are done correctly if you use right size ball.