Go-To-Guide To Understand Your Skin Type | All Types Of Skin
Hello precious! Welcome everyone who is curious about types of skin and wants to understand what skin type they have. We will cover all the aspects of skin in this post; how to know your skin type, different types of skin and at last some interesting facts about all types of skin. Buckle-up for this ride is going to be full of information.
How to know your skin type?
Have you ever wondered what your skin type is when your friends chat about their skin type and its issues? If you are confused about your skin type, fret not, we will tell you how to figure out your skin type out of all types of skin.
To determine your skin type is not difficult, just follow the steps:
- Wash your face with a mild face wash before sleeping at night
- Do not apply any moisturizer or anything onto your face
- Sleep like you normally would
- Notice your face after waking up in the morning
There can be different face conditions in front of you which determine, among all the types of skin, which type you have.
- If your face looks and feels normal, you have normal skin type
- If your face feels dry and tight, it means you have dry skin type
- If you have excessive oil on your face, this means your skin is oily
- If you have a little oil on your face, mostly on the T-zone, you have combination skin
- Determining if your skin is sensitive is easiest among all types of skin, you will easily get pimples, breakouts and allergies on applying new products, but sensitive skin can also be normal, dry or oily skin.
Types of skin
There are majorly five types of skin in the world; normal, sensitive, dry, oily and sensitive skin, like mentioned before. However, we have added a last skin type figuring its increasing cases throughout the world. In this section, we will discuss the types of skin and in depth.
Netizens don’t stop to argue that normal skin is best among all types of skin. It’s not the best type of skin, but easiest to manage and care for. It’s the balanced skin type which is neither too dry nor too oily.
Advantages of normal skin type
- They are not prone to breakouts or pimples
- They have small skin pores giving your skin a smooth look
- Almost every skincare products suit normal skin type
Oily skin is among the most problematic types of skin, why, due to pimples and acne issues. This type of skin produces an excessive amount of sebum (oil) which gives it a greasy and sticky look. Oil production is maximum in T-zone; forehead, nose and chin area. It’s important to use skin care products that are manufactured for oily skin.
Advantages of oily skin type
- Less appearance of aging signs; fine lines and wrinkles
- Looks younger for a longer time
- Keeps your skin moisturized, you’ll never face skin-cracking issues
Dry skin is the type of skin which generally secretes less natural oils compared to other types of skin resulting in a dry texture. This skin type is more prone to get rough and patchy compared with other types of skin. Dry skin owners often complain about their dry & rough skin which has a low elastic tendency. Fine lines and wrinkles are easily visible in dry skin.
Advantages of dry skin type
- Low appearance of cellulitis
- Doesn’t have acne issues
- Less pollution attraction
Combination skin is the second most preferred types of skin after normal skin type. It’s a combination of oily and dry skin as the name suggests; getting the most oil production in T-zone and the rest of the face feeling normal. This skin type can move from dry to oily depending on the climatic conditions; oily in summer and dry during winters.
Advantages of oily combination skin type
- Has high adaptability for both dry and oily skincare products
- Doesn’t have too much pimple and breakout problems
- Prone to skin-cracking issues
Sensitive skin is a skin type, but you can also be oily or dry or other types of skin along with it. This is the type of skin which typically requires most care. It can appear red at times and can give a burning, itching or drying feeling. These symptoms can be triggered by using a foreign product on the skin and also the environmental conditions and changes.
Kind Reminder : Never forget or ignore applying sunscreen daily, stepping out or not! It’s a must among all types of skin.
This category is not a recognised skin type but we thought necessary to include it.
- Scaly skin is a condition when skin is repeatedly irritated due to factors like sun, humidity, dryness etc which can cause detachment of huge parts from the epidermis’ upper most part of skin.
- Rashes or red spots which can be caused due to infection, heat allergies, medications or immunity disorder.
- Moles are bundles of pigmented cells which occur during adolescence and are generally harmless.
Facts about your skin
It’s interesting to know about your body, it’s anatomy. We bring you some interesting facts about all types of skin, read below.
- The skin is made up of 15% of total body fat
- An inch of skin has around 300 sweat glands
- The thickest skin is present in the feet while the thinnest in the eyelids
- Skin sheds about 9 pounds of dead skin every year, renewing itself every 28 days
- An adult has 21 feet of skin on average containing 11 miles of blood vessels
Your skin does a lot for you, it squeezes, stretches, binds your muscles together, gives you the receptive ability (feeling of touch) and most importantly, builds your appearance. So treat your skin, nourish it with a healthy diet and pamper it with rejuvenating massage and therapy as all types of skin deserve it.
We bid you with wishes with happy, healthy and glowing skin.