What Is Microblading: Benefits, Costs, And Cons
Have you got messy eyebrows, and you need to rush to the parlour to get them in shape before every occasion? Well, you are not alone in this! Almost every woman spends significant time in front of the mirror every morning to set their eyebrows. Fortunately, Microblading – a cosmetic treatment, is here to give you fuller & gorgeous look. If you are unsure about what is microblading is, this post will help you.
A Meaningful Overview On Microblading
Microblading is a cosmetic tattooing procedure that fills the gap within the eyebrows area to make them look fuller. It is a semi-permanent treatment, also known as a non-invasive treatment, performed by artists with a tool called a microblade.
Microblade gives fine hair strokes resembling your eyebrow colour to give them a natural look. One thing to note is that the pigmentation is not deposited very deep into the skin, which is why it is called semi-permanent, where the results last for 1-2 years.
Clear about what is microblading? Want to know more? Let’s look at its benefits and other facts.
Benefits Of Microblading
Microblading is an excellent procedure to achieve the desired eyebrow look. It corrects the shape, space, and appearance of the eyebrows while making them naturally appealing.
- Get well-shaped, natural-looking eyebrows as per satisfaction.
- It saves time and money since it lasts at least one year, so you do not have to spend hours shaping your eyebrows daily.
- Microblading is waterproof, so you do not have to worry about smudging. You can swim and work out without the need to touch up.
- The procedure is completely painless with no side effects except little redness, which will fade away after some time.
- It allows you to customise shapes and densities according to your desired look.
- An easy solution to regain the eyebrows for those who have lost them due to illness, alopecia, or chemotherapy.
- It is a quick procedure; hardly takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get the perfect eyebrows. Moreover, there is no downtime; you can flaunt beautiful eyebrows on the same day.
Hopefully, you get the apt details about what is microblading and its benefits. Now is the right time to discover more facts about this cosmetic eyebrow treatment.
What To Expect From Microblading?
Microblading is an ideal solution to give your eyebrows a permanent attractive look. However, not every candidate is suitable for microblading because there are elements that may not be suitable for the skin and certain conditions.
Talking about the duration, microblading lasts for 12- 24 months, depending on the skin type. Other factors that matter in increasing the time duration are pigmentation quality and maintenance. Microblading needs regular touch-ups to retain the look and colour of pigmentation, and it is a good and inexpensive option compared to refilling the faded colour. Therefore, if you are considering microblading, do not miss regular maintenance sessions.
Things To Consider For Microblading
Before, during, and after care is important with microblading. After knowing what is microblading and booking your appointment, consider the following things for the best results.
- Do proper research about the treatment and check whether it suits your skin type.
- Check the salon, their experience, artists’ skills, and customers’ reviews to see whether they meet your expectations
- It is crucial to ask your esthetician what type of pigments they are using and are they not prone to allergies
- Since the tool gets into your skin, make sure your artist uses new tool and take proper care of hygiene
- Avoid caffeine beverages and alcohol on the day of the procedure
- Keep away from tanning and sunbathing three days before the appointment
- It would be good to avoid wearing makeup on the day of the procedure
- Listen to your artists and follow their instructions
- Inform the esthetician when you feel uncomfortable or have a sensation in the eyebrow area
- Avoid washing the face for 24 hours after getting treatment
- Use a minimal amount of moisturising products
- Avoid putting on makeup around the eyebrows area
- Keep eyebrows clean and away from direct sunlight for at least four weeks of the procedure
- It does not take much time to heal; you can go home immediately after receiving the treatment. Though, it can take up to 7-10 days if you experience redness or inflammation. Remember to consult your studio if the conditions are prolonged.
Results & Costs
Microblading aims to achieve natural-looking, beautiful eyebrows. The results last approximately 1-2 years, depending on the job quality. If you research well and follow the instructions carefully, you can expect well-shaped and stunning eyebrows.
Microblading eyebrows cost somewhere around $500, and the price may vary based on your microblading type, salon’s location, and esthetician skills; the rest you can negotiate if possible.
For the best results and prices, search for permanent makeup Calgary, and you will have plenty of solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions!
What is microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing procedure performed on the eyebrows with little to no eyebrow hair. Professionals do it with equipment called a microblade to achieve natural-looking eyebrows.
Does microblading hurt?
However, it is claimed to be a pain-free procedure, but some people experience little pain or mild discomfort during the treatment.
How long does microblading last?
Well, the results vary from person to person, but they generally last for 1 to 2 years. One thing to note is that they require regular touch up since you get them.
Do I need to prepare for an appointment?
Forty-eight hours before your appointment, you must stop taking aspirin, Vitamin E, and fish oil. Also, try to prevent tanning and sunburn before the treatment.
Can I get microblading while pregnant?
Microblading during pregnancy is not considered safe, as there are no relevant studies that describe the effects of the chemicals on the fetus used in the treatment.
Does microblading work on all skin types and tones?
Microblading can be done on any skin type and tone; however, the results may vary. Moreover, your salon aesthetician can recommend you better after examining your skin.
Does microblading look like real eyebrows?
It completely depends on the salon from where you get it. However, the actual results of the microblading are natural since every stroke is drawn by hand very carefully.
Are microblading and micro pigmentation the same?
Technically microblading is a form of micro pigmentation, but microblading involves a manual procedure, and micro pigmentation uses a permanent makeup machine.
Is there any aftercare for microblading?
Yes, you need to stay away from heat, water, and chlorine until microblading heals if you wish for better results; otherwise, it may cause the colour to fade.
How long does the microblading procedure take?
It is usually a two-hour procedure, but the time may vary depending on the shape and density you desire to have.