Tramadol: Causes, Uses, Dosages and Side Effects
Pain is a bit of a bad experience. Everyone suffers pain at one stage of our life. Pain is something inevitable that can hit anywhere and anytime. Be at your workplace, Gym, sudden accident, cut, injury while playing, or else. At that time, we look for something vigorous for instant relief. Tramadol tablet is effective in relieving moderate to moderately severe pain. It directly works in the brain and changes your mind to how you feel good and responds to the pain.
Though pain annoys us the pain is something that acts in your favor and actually a protective mechanism that cautions our body from further harm. There is no doubt that pain makes us uncomfortable when it hits us. We look for instant pain reliever. However, there are a handful of painkillers available in the market that claims to give the best results. Maybe they are perfect to make you comfortable for the moment, but do you have an idea are all they safe to be consumed or about its aftermath? Tramadol is recommended by specialists and they’ve conducted multiple research on the medicine before incorporating it as dosage. Though it is safe it is a controlled substance and it would be good to consume after a proper doctor’s prescription. However, you can Order Tramadol Online if you’re willing to take it even though, consult your doctor before taking it.
We’re here with all the details that can clear your myth about the medicine and let you know how it is helpful when it comes to beating the pain.
What is Tramadol?
Tramadol is a prescription drug that is available in the market and known for immediate-release & extended-release tablets. It is an oral tablet that acts as an instant pain reliever. Immediate-release drugs are released into the body right away and extended-release drugs are released into the body slowly over time.
How Does Tramadol Work?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid agonists. This class of drug is a group of medication that works in a similar way. This drug is often used to treat pain in severe conditions.
Tramadol works by changing how your brain senses pain. Tramadol is identical to the substance called Endorphins that your brain contains. Endorphins bind to receptors and it then lowers the pain message that your body sends to your brain. Tramadol effectively works in a similar way to decrease the amount of pain that your brain thinks you’re having. This is how tramadol works.
Side-effects Of Tramadol
Tramadol oral tablets may cause side-effects if not taken with proper doctor’s consultation. Like other medicines, it can cause drowsiness, slow your breathing and weak breathing may cause death also. You may also have some signs of an allergic reaction like inflammation on your face or throat, severe skin reactions like fever, skin pain, burning in your eyes, red or purple skin rashes that may cause blistering and peeling.
Get emergency medical help if you cope with any of the below problems:
- Breathing problems like noisy breathing, shallow breathing, breathing stops during sleep.
- A slow heart rate or weak pulse rate.
- Miss menstrual cycle.
- Lack of energy.
- Dry Mouth
- Problems in sex.
Seek medical attention right away if you’ve medical problems like these.
Tramadol Dose should be taken under a doctor’s prescription. Seizures have been reported in patients taking Tramadol. Your risk of seizures is higher if you’re taking higher doses of Tramadol than recommended. This risk is reported higher in those with a seizure disorder and those who are taking certain antidepressants and opioids medications.
Always take Tramadol exactly as prescribed. Strictly follow all the directions given by the doctors or specialists. Never be overconfident with the Tramadol dose as it can slow your breathing.
The maximum recommended dose of Tramadol is 400 milligrams per day. If you are older than 75 years, the maximum dose will reduce to 300 milligrams per day. Do not increase your dose and take Tramadol frequently or for a longer time than prescribed. If you’re suffering from pain, your doctor will recommend to you how many doses of Tramadol you need to take.
When Not to take Tramadol?
We’re mentioned it multiple times, don’t take a tramadol dose without consulting your doctor, because we care for you and don’t want to put you in any trouble. There are certain cases when you should not take Tramadol dose.
- Tramadol should not be used if you’re suicidal and prone to addiction.
- One should not take Tramadol if they have severe breathing issues and blockage in the stomach and intestine.
- It is strictly prohibited when if you’ve recently used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, narcotic medication, or an MAO inhibitor (isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others).
- Equally important, Tramadol should not be given to the child younger than 12 years old.
- Taking Tramadol during pregnancy may cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in new-born babies.
- Do not feed while taking Tramadol. This medicine can pass into your milk and cause breathing problems, drowsiness, or even death to nursing babies.
How Should I Take Tramadol?
There are some strict rules which one needs to follow to take Tramadol. What are the points that need to be considered before taking a look at the below?
- Tramadol can be taken with or without the food, but take it, in the same way, each time.
- Never take crushed or break tables before intake or mix it into the liquid to inject the drug into your vein.
- Always store this medicine at the room temperature away from the moisture and heat.
- Tramadol is a drug of abuse and you should know if someone is using your medicine improperly or without prescription.
- Do not keep leftover medicine at improper places. Just one dose can cause death in using this medicine accidentally or improperly.
- Do not stop using this tablet suddenly because you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor before intaking this medicine.
With the aforementioned information, you can readily intake this medicine. For better results and avoid severe issues take a doctor’s prescription.